The WAI team comprises a diverse field of design, building and construction professionals. Our core design team includes:
- Mahesh Wadhwa, Principal, Registered Architect
- Akam A. Kumar, Design Architect and Project Manager
- Jelner Prado, Senior Architectural Designer
- Randall Harris, Consulting Architect
- Dung Vu, MEP Green, Consulting Engineer
- Harry Brendgen, Consulting Engineer
- Karim Dadelehi, Consulting Engineer
- Sefat Nowrin, Consulting Architectural Designer
- Pankaj Wadhwa, LEED AP, Building Design and Construction
Mahesh Wadhwa, Principal, Registered Architect
Mr. Wadhwa has over 45 years of experience in an array of Architectural/Engineering projects. His strength lies in design formulation, proper administration of project contracts, and containment of costs. His designs are based on energy conservation, environmental studies, code conformance, and intellect. He has designed and developed many office buildings, hospitality buildings, health facilities, multifamily housing, industrial facilities, commercial and institutional projects. He is a Registered Architect in the State of Texas and has completed the Accessibility Academy by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. He is also certified by the International Conference of Building Officials as a Building Code Accessibility/Usability Specialist.
Over the course of this professional career, Mr. Wadhwa has led a team of Architects, Designers and Engineers at his Architecture and Planning firm headquartered in Houston, Texas. He is primarily responsible for design conceptualization at the initial programming stages of all developments that come into the firm. His broad depth of experience working with code officials, Construction Companies, specialists and developers across the country have provided him with a keen insight in designing projects for all the WAI firms clients.
Outside the office, Mr. Wadhwa also serves the community in serving on the Board and as past president of the Indo American Charity Foundation. He also is an active member of the ASIE (American Society of Indian Engineers and Architects), India House Houston, ICC (Indian Cultural Center), IACCGH (Indo-American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Houston. He also provides design services to local organizations.
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture – Bombay, India – 1967
Akam (Ajay) Kumar, Design Architect and Project Manager
Ajay has over 25 years of experience in architecture design and planning. He is a core team member who spearheads the design execution. His study of Architecture and knowledge of building systems and new technologies provides him the insight to design the best suited project for each client.
- Master of Architecture
- University of Southern California – 1994
- Computer Animation
- Art Institute of Houston – 1996
- Professional Affiliations: A.I.A.